Friday, October 26, 2007

Ten Things I've learned from living on a boat....

10. People don't understand that the natural state of an ocean is to be in motion ie causing boats to rock. Is it really that surprising?

9. If you fly a certain flag on your boat you can make people work insane hours for ridiculous pay. Take the words insane and ridiculous and apply your own meaning to them.

8. Half priced white russians may be the death of me.

7. Letting my brother buy me warcraft. Huge mistake. I found killng orcs okay, but being able to make people mine gold, cut down trees, and make farms for me at cruise line wages I found very addictive.

6. That they can't bring new movies on the boat fast enough. I'm sure at one point Live Free or Die Hard was an awesome movie after seeing it now upwards of thirty times, I find myself beginning to hate Andrew Friedman not his fault I'm beginning to hate the rest of that excellet cast as well. But man do I want to pull tat mustace off his face. Andrew I love you.

5. Romanians have no sense of humor.

4. Germans have a sense of humor, they have shown me the manual tht instructs them on how to have one.

3. Phillipinos can all sing. Seriously. American Idol should come on this boat and listen to Hazel and Imuyami from the blue lagoon cafe, they sound just like pat benatar and they are the waitresses there.

2. Make friends with the crew fast, really show them your best side, because remember that flag and the wages and the hours well I maybe work four hours a week, get paid more and they know it. So when in the crew bar spend the six bucks on a six pack and give them to random crew.

1. Even lobster can get routine.

No comments: