Monday, March 17, 2008

New islands

Short post today. I'm in Somala beautiful british virgin island and yesterday I was in Tortola not quite as nice island. As usual internet connections very slow but tons of pictures will be forthcoming.

We have another four days until our next show so the cast and I are just getting to know each other.

Quick rundown of last week....

Leaving chicago at 4am worst thing ever. Until....

We tired to get on the ship in Miami. Long, long, wait with a bunch of tired people and I had no smokes. We create a new bit called "breaking point." We all hit it at one point or another.

The ship is huge and confusing. Some of us in crew cabins, some in passenger. I end up with the first shift of having my own room.

We find out our first show is tuesday. Hooray a day and a half to rehearse a somewhat complicated show that relies heavily on physical bits timed to music.

Don't even leave the ship in cazumel. Try desperately to get a handle on lines.

Show night. Everything goes almost without a hitch. Our easel in pictionary completley falls apart and my role of angry husband transforms into slightly abusive husband as I yell at my wife to hold the pad over her face so I can't see the laughter in her eyes. Both sketch shows though end with standing ovations. Nice.

We had to write our own blackouts one of mine works great the other I wrote gets cut because the picture people weren't dressed as pirates in cazumel.

it's spring break week, so a lot of twenty somethings acting like idiots.

See the show Band on the Run. It opens with a pre-recorded message from Florence Henderson talking about the music of the seventies and ends with a bunch of people on stage wearing dog collars and leopard print jackets singing we will rock you. My mind is blown out of the back of my skull.

Went to Grand Cayman and a wonderful beach called cemetary beach about fifteen people including us were there. Did some snorkeling. Very relaxing.

On the way to Cemetary Beach an even uglier american than myself sits next to me in the cab and proceeds to bitch about everything. My cast and I imitate and mock him for the next week.

Scriptless shows. The first one was weak. We never really found our footing and it was a very meh show, We rally for the second show and once again get standing ovations. Drunk spring breakers love us, and the word douchebag.

I get invited to do a game show called liars club. Seems like it will be fun. I am part of a panel including one of my cast mates Ali and the cruise director and assistant cruise director. When no one laughs at assistant cruise directors joke he starts telling the audience how stupid and retarded they are. Then he and the cruise director get into a battle of words which just turns ugly. I pray that at any moment people in dog collars and leopard coats will start singing we will rock you and save me.

We say goodbye to our director and producer. We are now on our own. Europe beckons.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

HOLY BALLS. Fun first week. I love it. And I miss you.